Monday, October 7, 2013

Purple and Green for Joan

 
Hello. Thanks for dropping in for a visit. Today my card is a bit out of my comfort zone but I was trying to follow Joan's lead in a card that she created this week for her challenge.....the layers are only glued down in the middle so the edges are not flat and the edges are loose. This week, Joan's Gardens Challenge was to make a card using purple and green, torn edges, layers, and a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  Leaving the edges of some layers not glued was my idea of copying the style of her card.  I began this project by gathering Purple Vellum Paper, light green Cardstock, a mottled pattern paper from Paper Pizazz, and a handmade paper with fibers that I have hoarded for a long time and have no idea from were that  came. I did not have a plan but just started playing with these papers to see what evolved. I made Vellum Flowers using Heartfelt Creations  Grandiflora Rose stamp set that I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with White Pearl Translucent EP. I shaded the back of the flowers and the rose bud with Copics V17, BV08, and G05.  I fussy cut the flowers and shaped with my flower tools from Joan's Gardens.  I assembled the card with a card base of the pastel green cs, then a layer of the pattern that I tore all the edges using an artist brush to wet the area to tear.  The pattern paper ended up lost in the photo but shows IRL under the almost translucent handmade paper.  I tore several layers of the homemade paper in varying sizes and shapes. I attached all these layers to the center area of the base and added a flourish cut with Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die, then the flower that I built and the rose bud.  I stamped the sentiment from Flourishes Anemones stamp set with Memento Grape Jelly ink. The smaller photo shows the card at a side angle.


Other Challenges:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: Signs of Distress

Products that I used from Joan's Gardens:
Adhesive E6000
Grafix Vellum Paper pad
Pastel Cardstock
Cheery Lynn Die
Heartfely Creations Stamps

Check out the challenge and products at
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous! I love the handmade paper and that is something I have always wanted to try. Did you make it???
I love the vellum and all the layers. Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Olga said...

beautiful, love the flower!

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome project!!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at PTW and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon