Friday, October 4, 2013

Card with Strength and Courage

 
I recently came across a Post by Darlene D. on her blog Darlenedesign.com about coloring on Vellum. I just loved the card that she made using heat embossing on Vellum paper and coloring with Copics on the back....she advises not to use Copics on the top of heat embossing so as not to damage your Copics. Check out her tutorial video.  I hope she does not mind my referring to her post.  I just had to make a card using this technique and I love the results. I made this card for Splitcoast Stampers 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive  that you can read about here.  The challenge by Lori is to create a card that shares courage and strength with either the color red or orange or a mixture of both. Read more: here.  I began my card by stamping the butterfly on Yellow Vellum paper with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. I colored the back with Copics . I cut out the butterfly and assembled the rest of the card following the sketch from Sweet Sunday Challenge.  I attached the image with foam tape.  I love this pattern paper for this challenge long forgotten in my stash. I do love how well this color combo came together.Challenges:
Splitcoaster Stampers: HYCCT1301B Use red or orange or both.
Sweet Sunday Sketch: #194
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Things with Wings
Flutter by Wednesday: Open  with a butterfly or fairy with a twist to show you favorite things.             Butterflies and Copics are a few of my fave things

Supplies used:
Stamps: GKD Butterfly from Take Flight and Sentiment from Hope is Faith
Inks: Versamark, Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Copics R59,YR09, and 100.
Paper: DCWV Textured Orange Cardstock,  Unknown Pattern Paper, Ivory Cardstock, Yellow Vellum
Ribbon:  White Grosgrain colored with Copic R59
EF: Cuttlebug Border from Pop Culture

Thanks again to Darlene for sharing her technique of coloring on vellum.I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Wedgie said...

Pretty card Theresa - love your butterfly.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Danni said...

Love that butterfly! Wonderful card!Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Olga said...

such a pretty card, I love the butterfly!