Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Try at Mixed Media

Another challenge at SCS for the Hope That You Can Cling To Campaign is to create a card using Mixed Media. I had to do research on just what that is considered ....I read that mixed media tends to refer to a work of visual art that combines various traditionally distinct visual art media - a work that combines paint, ink, and other materials such as paper, metal. wood, shells, fabrics, and "found objects"-  a combination of two or more primary artistic mediums combined in a single piece of artwork or a card in this case. For my card I "mixed" a printed image, distress inks, versamark, embossing powder,  a button ( matched the design in feathers), some seam binding, and a piece of mesh (found objects).  I used distress inks to create the background on which I stamped and embossed the sentiment and then double sponged on a darker ink. To make this more vintage, I distressed edges of image with ink and used distress tool on the mat.  This may not be as complicated and layered with textures as most mixed media items but think it will pass as a mixed media card.
Challenges:
 Sugar Creek Hollow: Theme Birds of a Feather.  I may have missed having a nest on my card since I was concentrating on the birds.

Supplies:
Digi: Graphics Fairy
Stamps: MFP Sentiment, Annabelle Stamps Love
Inks: Distress Inks Crushed Olive, Broken China, Aged Mahogany, Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Versamark
Papers: Slate Blue, White CS
Clear EP
Distressing Tool
From Stash: Antique Metal Button, Mesh Scrap, Seam Binding Tape

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Your card is lovely! Great mixed media work. Thanks for joining us for the vintage or shabby chic challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, super details. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
Yvonne