Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thinking of Fall

Hello! I am back after several days of not posting and commenting .  I have missed visiting my blog friends and participating in challenges.  I decided I must make a quick card for Joan's Gardens to get back in the swing ..... Her challenge this week is
  • Use gingham, checks or plaids
  • Colors - Green, white and brown
  • Butterflies
  • Something fallish...pumpkins, scarecrows, leaves etc
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens
  • Check it out here www.atjoansgardens.com
  •  
    I used a check paper from Webster Pages Park Drive 6x6 pad that I won from Joan's Gardens for my background and placed it on a card base of Brown Cardstock.  I stamped the pumpkins in Memento Espresso Truffle ink on White Cardstock using  Heartfelt Creations "Rustic Autumn Wheel" stamp but only used the pumpkin portion of the stamp that I fancy cut. I colored this with Copics. I added a strip of white grosgrain ribbon , then popped up the Pumpkins across the ribbon. The Brown Butterflies were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and embellished with pearls. I finished with the sentiment from the same Heartfelt Creations set stamped in the Espresso Ink. Joan's Garden also sells Memento Ink, Martha Stewart Punches, and Heartfelt Creations products.
    Check out Martha Stewart here.
     
    Other Challenges :
    The Paper Players: Falling for You-create a fall themed card
    Our Creative Corner: Forgotten Things.  I used a stamp that I had forgotten but found when looking through fall stamps stored away.
    Sweet Stamps: Challenge #133 Butterflies 

    I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

    10 comments:

    Olga said...

    Fall is in the air and your gorgeous card is a nice reminder!!!

    Joan Fricker said...

    Very pretty card Theresa. I love fall colors as they are so warm and cozy.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    Monica Edwards said...

    Great card the Fall colors are fabulous. thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com check beck next week for the next fun challenge!!

    Redanne said...

    Your card represents Autumn beautifully, I love the warm colours. Thanks for joining in our Forgotten Things challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    Buttons said...

    So glad you found that lovely stamp. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Jenny x

    die amelie said...

    Oh, I know too well what happens to stored away stamps! I am so glad you found yours and used it for that awesome creation!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    Anne Marie Hile said...

    Very pretty! Your color combo is perfect for fall. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

    Oh wow. So cute. Love your coloring. Thanks for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com

    Pat said...

    Beautiful card, lovely image, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    butterfly said...

    Lovely pumpkins - so glad they get to come out and play again after being tucked away. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x