Friday, September 13, 2013

Cold Winter Night

 

My post today is my entry for three challenges including Craft A Scene whose theme for the month of September is "Dusk to Dawn".    I am not too experienced in doing skies but I knew I should have a sky to show dusk to dawn with maybe a moon.  I decided to create a cold wintry scene because hills with snow would be simple enough to create foreground and background with feeling of dimension. I first stamped the trees and deer in Memento Tuxedo black ink on white cardstock and then using the masking technique, I colored the sky by sponging Memento Summer Sky, Nautica Blue, and Paris Dusk inks to create a cold blustery look using a circle cut out to mask a moon which I sponged lightly with Memento Cantaloupe ink.  I created the hills with torn curved pieces of paper  and used for masking the hills that I sponged lightly with the blue inks.  I added snowflakes falling in the sky with a white gel pen.  I matted the image on a metallic silver cardstock which did not photograph very well and adhered to a card base of dark blue cardstock.  The tree and deer stamps are from GKD "The Northwoods" and "Life is Good".  The sentiment is from Flourishes and also stamped in Tuxedo Black ink.
Challenges:
Craft a Scene: Dusk to Dawn
  
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Great card thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

Angie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the beautiful scene you created! This is so lovely! Thanks so much for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Shell Klieber said...

Wow, great card. it has so much depth, it must have taken forever. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' Challenge & good luck!
"Shell
http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

Lin said...

Beautiful, Theresa! It's a lovely scene!

Helen in the UK said...

I saw your card on the Craft a Scene Challenge. Beautifully done! It definitely has a cold, wintery feel :)

Dora said...

very beautiful scene!beautiful winterfeeling! thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

Maggie said...

Brrrrrr a fabulous winter scene Theresa.

MaggieH

NancyD said...

It's a great card but I sure don't want to see any of that white stuff just yet. lol! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous scene Theresa, I'm not quite ready for snow yet though. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

Sue x