Thursday, September 19, 2013

Coffee Filters are not Just for Coffee

 
Hello! Recently I saw a post on OWH blog about using  coffee filters on your cards. The great thing is that these filters do not add weight to your cards. But the bad thing is this technique can be rather messy. The technique was shown by Penny Ward on her blog here.  Thanks to her for showing all the steps of using the filters.  I used SU Reinkers Real Red, Old Olive, More Mustard  since they were still on my work space.  I stamped on the filter with Versamark using aPSX leaf stamp and embossed with clear EP.  I then added drops of ink and spritzed with water and laid the filter on the color doing each color separately.  After the filter dried I smoothed out and glued to cardstock.  I cut out to the desired size and added to a card base of GKD Green Cardstock.  I added a GKD Sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed with White EP. This technique acheives a vey artistic look.

Thanks to OWH and Penny Ward for sharing this fun tutorial.

Challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky: Leaves

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Olga said...

this is fantastic, such a pretty card!!

Patti P. said...

Hi Theresa, not been blogging much as I am still in projects around the house but saw this and just had to tell you how lovely it looks. I do love the artistic look it has and thanks for the link, will have to check her out. Beautiful card. Hope you are enjoying your Autumn. The temps are perfect here for working and speaking of that back to my Fall cleaning. hugs....

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! I saw Penny's tutorial for this technique and thought I would like to try it. However, I don't drink coffee and don't even own a coffee pot. LOL

Will have to purchase a small box of filters now that I've seen your beautiful results. You did a wonderful job with this. I like artsy and I don't mind messy.

ChristineCreations said...

What a richly textured effect this has. So perfect for an autumn creation!

Nancy Keller said...

Oh wow... Pretty colors!! I STILL haven't had time to make me a coffee filter card yet. Hopefully this weekend! Iyour color choices are really inspiring! Thanks for playing along!!

Jackie said...

Oh I just love this technique and you really made it pop! I am going to have to try this. Lovely job! Thank you for joining us at the Fab'n'Funky Challenge this week! We hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Fab'n'Funky DT

Rach83 said...

What a fab technique and the colours are really great to show off your lovely leaves.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

CheerDown said...

Love the resist stamping effect on this card Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week.

Alli x

Penny Ward said...

oh Theresa...your coffee filter card is Gorgeous !!!! I love the Fall colors...will have to Case this one :-)