Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Clean and Simple in Water Spritzing

 Second Post today.  I made this CAS card for several challenges.  I have not made a card using the water spritzing technique in some time but I always love creating the watercolor look especially using a watercolor paper to create.  I have seen several cardmakers using this look lately and I had the itch to do again.
 
I found this rubber stamp "Watercolor Daisy"  from Hampton Art  that I had long forgotten that I even had.  I colored the stamp directly with Memento markers Bamboo Leaves, Potter's Clay and Cantaloupe, gave it a water spritz and stamped on the watercolor paper.  I did fill in the flower a bit with more coloring. The sentiment used is from Creative Clear Stamp stamped in Potter's Clay.  I distressed the edge of the paper with Distress Ink Wild Honey and placed on an Orange Card stock from stash.

Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge Blog: O is for one word sentiment.
Less Is More: Use Rubber Stamp
Our Creative Corner: Forgotten Things-used a stamp that I forgot I even had.
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme: Thank You / Stash: use something you have been hanging on to---been hoarding my watercolor paper as I have just a few sheets left in the tablet.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

paper fun said...

Very lovely card. The golden flower is so perfect for the approaching fall.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Katherine Clayton said...

What a beautiful card! And a GREAT technique, too!!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge . . . and good luck!

Kathy CIO DT

Redanne said...

The flower stamp is lovely and I love the way you have picked up the colour in your backing card. Thanks for joining in our Forgotten Things challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

Laura W said...

Good to know I'm not the only one that has stamps she's forgotten about-lol. Great take on the challenge at the Clear it Out Challenge blog, good luck :)
http://laurascraftyadventurez.blogspot.ca/

Buttons said...

Gosh, you must have a lot of stamps to forget a few!! Love this. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Jenny x

die amelie said...

A forgotten stamp brought back into the spotlight! Cool thing! Love your CAS card!

Thank you for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

Claudia x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Theresa, I love that flower and the fabulous technique! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the Thank you challenge.

butterfly said...

Lovely delicate watercolouring. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x