Thursday, September 12, 2013

Back to School

This week there have many back to school challenges which I am not usually interested in but decided to one since I do have a perfect stamp set "Lesson Learned" from Mark's Finest Papers for this theme. Starting with a bright yellow card base, I added a mat of Red Cardstock embossed with Chevron EF by Darice. On White card stcok I stamped the desk, the blackboard and repeated sentiment with Memento Inks..  I colored with Memento Markers.  The large apple is one that I made with shrinky dink.  I added the "ruler" which I made by printing a tape measure on a copier machine and found some leftover in my stash.
Challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Back to School
Fussy and Fancy: Back to School
Papercraft Star: Challenge 161 - Photo inspired ie. back to school, books
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge: 176-Mask it
I did mask the desk seat to hide a letter.
Simon Says: Emboss it...dry or wet


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this cute back to school card. The colors are great and it is a wonderful layout. Thanks, for joining us in the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining in at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck x

Ros Crawford said...

This is absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!!

Milla Flesche said...

Lovely card, Theresa!
Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy!

-Millazin-

Sue Lelli said...

THAT is the perfect stamp! LOVE the ruler, too! THX for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card!! I love that ruler! Very sweet!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa