Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Peach of a Card to Make a Good Impression


This card is for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge to  make a good impression - we are to use dry embossing somewhere on our card.  I started with a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches shown below. Using white cardstock as my card base I added a layer of MME paper embossed with Darice EF Chevron. This is how I am making my good impression. For my focus, I stamped Flourishes Peaches stamp from Cherries and Peaches with Memento Espresso Truffle ink and colored with Copics G40,21,82, Y000,02,06,21, YR09, R22,24,43.  I cut the image out with a nesties circle die letting the leaf extend beyond the circle. I adhered this to a scallop circle of MME green pattern paper to which I added glitter to the stars with a Clearstar pen. Added some strips of chevron pattern paper which I also embossed with Cuttlebug EF Borders from With Love set-one with dots and one with flowers.  I finished the card by stamping a sentiment from the same Flourishes Stamp Set with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.
Other Challenges:
Simon Says: Wednesday Challenge-Emboss it. Used dry embossing.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #215 with an added twist - make it shine.  I added shine to the stars on the green pattern paper under the image with Clearstar pen. ( Hard to see in photo but it's there)
 
I read the rules for Timeless Tuesday several times and found no rule that  this challenge could not be combined with other challenges as Flourishes states some times.   So I am combining with 2 other challenges.
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Olga said...

very pretty!!!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty! I love the Chevron embossing and you coloring is so realistic! It's wonderful!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Those peaches are STUNNING! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!
I think for Flourishes it's just the release challenges that they don't allow combining :)

Melissa Craig said...

Love the chevron embossed background and the peaches look so real! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kathy said...

Your coloring is gorgeous! The peaches look just yummy! Thanks for joining in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week! Blessings! Kathy

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Love those peaches and the fab embossing!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa