Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Thank You Card

I had decided that I would not make a card for Joan's Gardens Challenge this week but then I found some yellow tulle in my stash and decided I would give it a go.  The challenge is to make a card using 3 flowers out of vellum, use colors of golden yellow and violet , mesh or tulle, stencil on paper, and a product sold at Joan's.  I used clear vellum and colored it with Copics V09 and Y26 to cut flowers in violet and yellow gold using Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Dies (From Joan's) . I layered the flowers with tulle cut with the same dies to create the 3 flowers held together with gold brads. My card base is of Bazzill Textured Violet Cardstock is layered with Pattern Paper from Graphics 45  Once Upon a Springtime Pad (From Joan's )  that I stencilled with Blossoms and Ivy stencil  and a Thank You stencil using Distress Ink Peeled Paint.  This was the first time I used these stencils that I have had for a long time. I covered the pattern paper with the yellow tulle and then attached the three flowers.  I may have done the layout a bit differently if I had more time but I was working hurriedly to make the deadline. Check out the challenge here www.atjoansgardens.com

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, I am so glad you decided to join us this week. Your card is beautiful. You did a great job on your flowers too.,

Thanks again!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Just beautiful Theresa! What a clever idea to color your vellum ... never thought of that... thanks! You design is perfect and those flowers are beautiful! Well done!

Selma said...

I don't use yellow much and always love it . This is beautiful. Your flowers awe so pretty. Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Joan's gardens.