Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Days Bring Butterflies


I am back....have been away from home and Internet connections so have missed cardmaking,  blogging and my blog friends.
Today I am sharing a Summer Time card that I made for Joan's Gardens challenge to use:
  • Die Cut image using the Negative
  • Colors of purple and white
  • Textured layer
  • Leaves
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.
  • I started with a card base of White CS and used a mat of Purple CS using a Nesties Label 4 Die to create a negative cut to show thru to the base layer where I stamped a sentiment from Repeat Impressions with Memento Grape Jelly. I also used the dies to emboss around the sentiment. I also embossed the purple layer with Cuttlebug EF  Stylized Flowers for some texture.  I finished the card with a butterfly and the flourish with leaves. I cut these with Cheery Lynn dies Fanciful Flourish, Exotic Butterfly small #2, and Angel Wing. Cheery Lynn dies are available at Joan's Gardens. I created my own pattern paper for the butterfly by stamping white CS with Flourishes stamp "Lace Edges" with the Grape jelly ink and used white CS for the angel wing.

    Other Challenges:
    Cheery Lynn Designs Blog: Anything Goes
    Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
    Flutter By Wednesday: Any Winged Creature
    I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

    6 comments:

    Joan Fricker said...

    Theresa, welcome back! It is great to see your entry this week as it is so pretty. I love your design.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    Danni said...

    Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!!

    Nancy Hill said...

    Adorable saying that compliments your card well. Very beautiful card.

    Lori said...

    Very pretty.Thank you for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and best of luck.

    Debbie's Time Out said...

    Theresa Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Challenge

    beadz said...

    Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini