Saturday, August 17, 2013

Remembering Black and White Photos with Sassy Cheryl

 
 
Welcome!  Today I have new type of challenge for me. Have you ever created a black and white photo-look with a digital stamp or any stamp?  Neither have I.   I am giving it a try for the challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps Challenge.  We are to make a "Black & White Photo-look" with a Sassy Cheryl stamp.   First I thought of using a photo editing program to create the look of a black and white photo but then I decided the  thing to do is to use Copics to create the look.
After printing My Favorite Kind of Weather, I colored the image with Copics C 00,1,3 , N 0,2,4,7, W1, E 000, BV 23 using every gray shade that I have.  I trimmed the image and placed on scrap of a DCWV La Creme Matstack for the background, a card base of light gray cardstock, and finished with a sentiment from Creative Clear Stamps "Hello Hunny".   I just had to add a touch of red to the lady bugs on a whim.  This was fun to create.
 
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

jkreucher said...

What a great design! Sweet as can be!
Thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
Judy

Sassy Raggedy said...

Just adorable Theresa...I love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls. Hugz, joann

Linda Compton said...

I like the striped paper background. Looks like wallpaper with a chair rail. Very creative. Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Cheryls this week.

Jackie Mooney said...

Well done choosing to use your copics, you did a great job getting the b&w effect.

Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Awwww, Theresa. This is adorable! Love the paper and the sweet little polka dots in the window/background. It's super, super sweet.
Thanks for playing along in the BLACK & WHITE/Photo challenge this week with my Sassy Gals!!!

Dawn said...

turned out so cute!
thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Ann English said...

Theresa, such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Za ovinkom said...

Sooo cute card. Love sentiment too.

Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Black & White photo look Challenge, hope to see you again next week.
Jasmina