Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lantern for Christmas Light

 
 
 
Hello!  Welcome to my studio.  The card today is for Speedy Fox and Friends challenge to use plaid.  I stamped the Lantern from MFP's Poinsettia Blooms in versamark and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. I colored the image with Copics YG8, R43, 46, 59 and G 99 for that rich gold.  I then fancy cut the lantern including the openings in the lantern.  I placed a piece of acetate under the openings to give a look of "glass". You may not can see in the photo but birl.  I used a Kraft card base and attached a mat of BasicGrey Plaid from Jovial collection lined in dark Brown CS.  I stamped the MFP's sentiment also with versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. The lantern was attached with pop up dots for more dimension.
 
Challenges:
Speedy Fox and Friends: Theme is Plaid
ABC Christmas Challenge: P is for ...... I used poinsettias.
Sweet Stampin': Theme is use Kraft....used card base of kraft.
Joanna Sheen Challenge: Embossing dry or heat.
Craftyhazelnut's Challenge Extra: Anything goes as long as it's Christmas
 


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

This is a beautiful card Theresa!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - love the plaid background - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon. x

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image, the gold embossing looks beautiful and your cutting is so neat!
Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Sue xx

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so pretty, I love the plaid for the Christmas card.
Thanks, for joining us in the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Angie said...

Theresa, this is lovely! So much work cutting out the panels on the lamp! Beautiful!

Angie said...

Ooops! Thanks so much for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends this week! :)

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Lovely card with beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge, Nicola X

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Theresa. I love that backgroundpaper. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Samantha said...

Great card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)