Friday, August 9, 2013

Early Made Christmas Tag

   It is never too early to prepare for Christmas so I decided to make a Christmas Tag for the BasicGrey Challenge #99 - Make a Tag.    I used Spellbinders Label 4 Dies to cut the front and back from a double side paper from BasicGrey Jovial found in my scraps. I cut 2 other pieces with a smaller die using another pattern paper from the same Jovial Pad.  I stamped one smaller diecut with a Sentiment from Creative Clear Stamp Set "Holiday Sentiments" using Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder. For the inside layer I stamped "To and From" stamp from GKD in Versamark and Red Embossing Powder.  I assembled the tag by adhering the smaller cutouts to the larger ones and using a Gold Tree Brad  and ribbon from stash to join both sides together. This allows the top of the tag to twist around so the inside can be viewed.  I hid the prongs of the brad on the back with an ornament cutout that I had made with Annabelle's Stamps and Diecut.  I was pleased that I used only scraps in the making of this tag.....no full sheets of paper were cut!
 


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Patti P. said...

How gorgeous!! I love your design and I agree, let's get ahead on those Christmas items. Thanks for the inspiration.
hugs....

Carla S. said...

What a beautiful tag, Theresa! Great design!