Thursday, August 22, 2013

Count Your Blessings

 
Hello! It has been a while since I entered Sugar Creek Hollow challenge or Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.  This week Sugar Creek Hollow has asked us to do a vintage card with a theme of A Child's Life.  I decided to use a digi image from A Day for Daisies, their sponsor for this challenge.  I printed "Night Time Prayers" on white card stock and colored the image using a lot of Copics for a pink and brown theme. I think this image has a great vintage look and I tried to add it more vintage feel by making the bedspread appear to be Chenille which I think is a very vintage fabric. I hope I succeeded. I chose the Pattern Paper for the wallpaper because of its vintage feel and made the sentiment appear to be a wall hanging above the bed. Another touch was embossing the Brown cardstock used for the carpet to give texture to the floor. I used gold parchment paper for the mat behind the image which I tore the edges and distressed with ink. Finished with pink organza ribbon topped with narrow brown organza ribbon and bow.
Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: #67 Vintage card with theme A Child's Life
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #78  Pink and Brown with Ribbon Theme (Consider gold as a neutral color)
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Use song or quote.  My card features the name of the song: "Count Your Blessings"

Supplies:
Stamps: A Day for Daisies Digital ,  MFP's Sentiment
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink Tea Dye, Versamark and Chestnut EP
Copics: Too many to list
Papers: Dark Brown CS, White CS, Gold Parchment Paper all from stash
Pattern Paper:  My Mind Eye's  Pad Indie Chic Saffron
Cuttlebug EF Tiny Bubbles
Ribbon: Pink and Brown from stash

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Olga said...

now how sweet is that! I love it Theresa!

Fran said...

Great card, thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xxx

Cheryl said...

What a sweet card.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

HandmadebyTLC said...

Lovely little card! Perfect for the Really Reasonable Challenge too! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Tammy Louise