Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another Christmas Card in August


Welcome to my blog!  Today I am posting a card for Joan's Garden Challenge to make a Vintage card , use a bird, use a scenic pattern paper, use a die for your sentiment, and use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  My Christmas Vintage card is made with a Webster Page from Waiting for Santa which I distressed with a paper distresser and Distress Ink Tea Dye. I wrapped this with twine from my stash and placed on a mat of Authentique striped paper from Collection Wonder. This went on a card base of Kraft Cardstock. I added the sentiment from GKD stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk on a die cut of parchment cut with Spellbinders Label 4 and layered on the striped paper cut with a larger Label 4. Finished with a leaf from stash and a red bird cut with a Marianne die. Thanks to my husband's suggestion,  I added some Stickles to the roof edges of the houses for sparkle.

Webster Pages (have hoarded these papers for awhile) were from Joan's Gardens but may not still be available. Marianne Die " House, Bird and Fence" and Memento Inks are available at Joan's too.  See details for challenge http://www.atjoansgardens.com/

Other Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes as long as it is Christmas.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon. x

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous card...
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, beautiful card. I love the vintage feel you gave it. It is amazing what distress ink can do. The addition of the string for texture adds so much too.
thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com