Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Basketful of Flowers




Welcome!  Today I am playing with some new items....some that I have not used including a bicycle stamp, some new cardstock, and an embossing border.  I had more than one challenge in mind as I created this card.  I used stamps from Paper Such-Basketful of Flowers and stamped the bicycle and sentiment with GKD Black Onyx on a new Blue Cardstock. I embossed the top with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Village Border and the bottom edge with Pop Culture Border which is new.  Because I wanted a basket of sunflowers for the bike,  I stamped Flourishes Sunflower wreath from Wreaths of Seasons with Memento Peanut Brittle ink and colored with Copics. I cut and fashioned the sunflowers from the wreath to fit in the basket. Guess I could have used the bike basket as it was but I wanted it to be more bold and colorful. I place the image on card base of Orange Cardstock that I just bought for my stash of papers.
Challenges:

Alphabet Challenge: N for newest stamp.  Not my very newest one but this one is new in the sense it has not been used.
All Sorts Challenge: Use new stash.  Using new Paper Such Stamps, Orange Cardstock, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Pop Culture, GKD Ink
Craft Your Passion: Summer Flowers
Oldie But A Goodie: Embossing.... The Cuttlebug Village EF and the stamp that I used for sunflowers are older than 6 months.
Sweet Stamps Blog:  #131 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Flower Power

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

15 comments:

Basslady said...

a wonderful card!


thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Carla S. said...

Very pretty, Theresa! Love the pop of color in the flowers!

Olga said...

gorogeus, love the bike and basket!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the CAS packed with lots to look at- love the bike and the embossing folder with the row of houses. Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com for our Anything Goes Challenge!

Wendy L said...

This is a great card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

NGCARDS said...

This is lovely, such a classy card! Thanks for joining us at PTW! xxx

Sheena said...

Great card, I love the pop of yellow!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Francesca said...

Gorgeous embossing, thanks for joining us at OBAG

Francesca x

Irit Shalom said...

Lovely card and thanks for entering Sweet Stamps challenge!

Skye said...

A lovely card. I love the bike with the beautiful yellow flowers.

Bonnie Irvine said...

Great idea to fill the bicycle basket with colourful sunflowers. The contrast between the blue background and the yellow is lovely and really creates a cheerful card. Love the embossed borders, as well. Thanks for joining our summer flowers challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Awe!! I just love this stamp! The bike and flowers are adorable.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Roxx.T

Jessie L. said...

This is a very pretty card. I love that vintage looking bike stamp! Thanks for joining our summer flowers challenge this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week!

Monica Edwards said...

Gorgeous card love the simplicity. Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com be sure to check back next week challenge!

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Love splash of yellow. Great idea.
Thank you for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie. We hope to see you again.
Have a nice day,
Natali