Thursday, July 4, 2013

White-tail Deer Passing by a Covered Bridge



When I saw the month long challenge at Craft a Scene,  I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my entry, but since I have not been in my my studio much the last few weeks, I am running late completing my card. The challenge is to use Realistic Forest Animals in a scene.  I stamped the White-Tail Doe and Fawn using a stamp from Repeat Impressions using Memento Espresso Truffle ink on white Cardstock. I masked the image and stamped a covered bridge in the background with a Heartfelt Creations stamp and stamped clouds with another Repeat Impressions Stamp. I colored the image with Copics and Sponged the Sky with Memento Summer Sky ink.  Added more grass across the bottom edge with a marker.  I trimmed the image and attached to a brown mat and then to a dotted digi paper scrap leftover.  This was placed on a my card base of Dark Brown.  This was a fun card to do. 

Challenges:
Craft a Scene: Realistic Forest Animals
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes- theme with the optional extra to include animals / creatures etc in your card
 
Supplies:
Stamps:  Repeat Impressions and Heartfelt Creations
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle (Marker too)and Summer Sky pads
Copics: C1, 3, N1, W1, E 0000, 00, 11, 25, 27, 34, 47, 55, G21, 40, 82, YG 67, R 20, 22
Metallic Silver Jelli-pen,  Black Glaze Pen
Papers: GKD White and Dark Brown CS

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Sue W said...

The scene you created for this card is just beautiful Theresa!!! Happy 4th July!

joy said...

Lovely scene, Theresa! I love that sweet deer. Hope you are having a good summer; it's flying by, isn't it??

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful scene, Theresa. I love the white tail deer stamp you've used. Thanks for joining in at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue x

NancyD said...

Your card is really wonderful Theresa. I am so glad you had time to finish your scene. Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Dora said...

beautiful card have you made, indeed I am also glad that you join this challenge with this card.
I like the deer with the fawn too.
great scene!!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful scene! Great job building up the scene with the different stamps that you used and gorgeous colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

karen said...

Smashing card, fabulous scene! thanks for joining us at PTW this week,Karenx