Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Under the Sea with the Fishes

 
The second card that I have today is a bit different from my normal style and uses different colors and subjects from my usual. I was inspired to create this for the July challenge at Craft a Scene which is Under The Sea. Check out all the DT designs here for your inspiration.  In a search online for other ideas,  I came across some digital stamps at Make It Crafty called "Under the Sea Elements" and some fish clip art by Dixie Allen  along with an image to use as a background.
I created the card using Photoshop Elements by starting with the Sea image background called Ocean the Briny Deep and layering in the digi Seafloor with additional digis of a crab, a seashell, and bubbles. I then added in the Clown fish, Trigger fish, Discus, and  Angel fish which were already colored.  When I was satisfied with my scene I printed it on white cardstock and trimmed as needed. I colored with Copics E 39, 33, 43, 51, 53, 55, R20, 22, RV 14, 21, YG 03,09, 67, YR 02, 07, 14, 21. I added glossy accents to the shells, crab, coral, snail, and starfish but does not show up very well in the photo. I used a clear glaze pen to highlight the bubbles which you can see. I stamped a sentiment from GKD Gifts of the Sea using versamark ink and Copper EP.  I placed the scene on a mat of textured White Cardstock,  then a mat of GKD Tomato Red CS and then the card base of GKD Tan Leather CS.
What a fun card!!!

Before coloring with copics



I cannot believe I am entering this card for this challenge so early in the month....I am usually doing so at the very last minute.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is fantastic! I love how you combined all the different elements together, and your coloring is fab!

Dora said...

beautiful under the seascene! amazing how you made this one with that photoshop and add your own colouring.
very nice to see this!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Benzi said...

Theresa, this is beautiful and so realistic. I love how the sunlight is showing under the water.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful scene Theresa, I love how you've put this card together. Thanks for taking part at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue x

NancyD said...

Great technique Theresa! Love the finished scene. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous card! Love this underwater scene, so many great details. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!