Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tulips for a Sketch

 Today I made a card with my favorite color combo Pink and Green and also used a favorite technique of coloring with Copics.  I love making cards with a flower theme and this is made with a favorite flower - Tulips.  I am using a sketch shown below from the challenge What If? Wednesday from The House That Stamps Built.  The stamp is Repeat Impressions "Vase of Tulips" that I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on GKD White Cardstock. I colored with Copics and cut with a Nesties Circle die with the vase hanging outside the circle and sponged with Distress Ink Spun Sugar before removing from the die.  I paper pieced the vase with a scrap from a paper that I made using the shaving cream technique. Using scraps of pattern paper,  I assembled the elements on a card base  of GKD Grass Green Cardstock.  I used Nesties Square dies to cut the pattern papers.  I embellished  with a Pink Satin Ribbon.  What a fun sketch and a great stamp!
Copics: R11, 20, 21, VG 03, 63 ,Y 02

Challenges:
What If ?Wednesday: Sketch #J2613
All Sorts Challenge: Favorite Things-Copics, Color Combo of Pink and Green, Flower Stamps

                                    
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Lin said...

Just had to stop and tell you how pretty this is, Therese! These soft colors make me feel cooler!

catherine said...

This is lovely and such pretty colours. Thanks for sharing your favourite things over at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thank you for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x