Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sweet Flowers



I was inspired by the BasicGrey pattern paper to make this card using only papers, piece of acetate, and one stamp.  I began with a sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges and BasicGrey Sweet Threads.  I placed a mat of the large floral pattern on a solid Pink card base. I used flowers from a Sweet Threads page kit and popped up the smaller flowers on green circles cut with a Nesties die and popped up the larger flower in the center. I used BasicGrey green brads in the centers of the flowers. Since I did not want to hide the flowers with the sentiment, I stamped the GKD Happy Birthday on acetate with Black StazOn ink and used the brad to hold in place.
Challenges:
BasicGrey Challenge: Flowers-Used Sweet Threads Paper Pad and Page Kit
Crazy 4 Challenges: Sketch C4C195
Craft Your Passion: Challenge 172-Happy Birthday

5 comments:

Olga said...

Pretty, pretty pretty!!!!

Lin said...

What a lovely floral card, Theresa!

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa - love these BG papers - perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Basic Grey Challenges this fortnight, Juliexx

Kaylee Snyder said...

This is so pretty. Love the soft colors. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again!