Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shades of Gray

Today I am covering 2 challenges with this card....the Designer's Choice DCC73 at The House That Stamps Built to create a monochrome card and the Less Is More Challenge to create a CAS card in Shades of Gray.  I am hoping the card has enough "Gray" space to qualify as  CAS!

I stamped Repeat Impressions Great Blue Heron with Memento Gray Flannel ink on a mottled gray cardstock and added some shading with Copics N 0, 2, 4,7 and some highlights with a White Gel pen. I trimmed the corners with EK Success corner punch. I assembled the card base of dark gray, a mat of lighter gray and another mat of the darker gray under the image.  All papers from stash.  The sentiment used is from Flourishes. This was an easy peasy card...clean lines, minimal elements, areas of grey space and no embellishments.

Challenges:
Designer's Choice DCC73: Monochrome
Less Is More: Shades of Grey

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

OH Babs said...

Your card is stunning. I can see by changing the verbiage the stamp image could be used often. The color grey makes some wonderful cards.

Chrissie said...

The heron is a perfect choice for shades of grey!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

How stunning, so elegant in grey