Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let Freedom Ring



The challenge at Sassy Cheryl this week is  Red, White, & Blue with a Sassy Cheryl image, of course!   I have been wanting to use the Patience Secret Girl digi and thought she'd be perfect in RWB with this digi paper from Doodle Pantry.  I used a GKD Red Cardstock as the base, layered with  a GKD Navy mat topped with the pattern paper. After coloring the image with copics, I added to a navy mat and attached with foam strips to pop it out a bit. Finished with a red star brad.  I had to write in the sentiment that I wanted to use with a red pen.....I had a clear  stamp to use but I lost it on my work desk , not once but twice. No telling when it will turn up again and I did not have "patience" enough like Sassy to wait until I find it.
Copics: E 0000, 00, 11, 25, 31, 34,  R 20, 22, 24,49, B21, 24, 26, G 0000

Challenges:
Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps Challenge: Red, White, & Blue with a Sassy Cheryl image.
Simon Says: Patriotic
Paper Pretties: Red, White, and Blue
Cute Card Thursday: Stars and/or Stripes
Crafty Sentiments: Red, White, and Blue
The ABC Challenge: Q is for Quite a Few...used 5 layers.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love these cute images and your card just makes me smile. I am happy to find that I am not the only one who loses an item on my craft desk. (They always turn up in the oddest places!)LOL. Thanks for sharing your lovely card.

Sassy Cheryl said...

How sweet Theresa! LOVE the little sentiment. So perfect for your gorgeous card.
Thanks for playing along in the Red, White & Blue challenge this week with the Sassy gals this week.

Angela Boutiller said...

This a darling card! Thanks for joining us here at Sassy Cheryl's.

Cathryn said...

Theresa, this is just adorable, love your coloring and the dp is perfect. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Theresa...Isn't sassy Sally such a cutie...I love your Red, White and Blue card...Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's Challenges...Hope to see you again next week as well. Hugz, joann

Linda Compton said...

You are too funny with the lost stamp. I lose things on my small workspace all the time. I can not figure out how that happens. Patience runs right out the door for me too! Your handwriting is much better than mine. I thought it was a stamped sentiment. Great job hon, you made a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Sassy Cheryl's. Hugs, Linda

Laura Love said...

This is such a cute image! Love the way you colored her up! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Bunny said...

This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty sentiments, and good luck.

Caz xx

Za ovinkom said...

So adorable Teresa. I love this stamp and you used such a lovely paper for your card. Love red star too.

Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Red, White & Blue Challenge, hope to see you again next week.
Jasmina

Tanya said...

Simply adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Ann English said...

Love it, Theresa! You've created such cute card with this darling image! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card! I love that sweet image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa