Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas in July

Hello!  I have been resisting making Christmas cards this early but there  are so many challenges to make Christmas cards that I finally gave in and made one.   I pulled out 2 GKD stamps from my Christmas stash to create this.  I stamped the tree from Very Merry Christmas set by Theresa and the sentiment from Festive Frame by Melanie with GKD Black Onyx ink.  I was very pleased with her new ink which I had just received in an order...it is indeed the blackest black ink. and works great with Copics!  I colored the image with Copics G 99, R 24, 46, Y28, YG 63 and cut out with Nesties Rectangle die.  I hardly used the rectangle or square dies but this was a good fit. My papers used were also from GKD - White , Red Velvet, and Fresh Asparagus. I embossed the green mat with Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls. I kept this a simple design....no embellishments for easy mailing.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Mix it up Monday-Christmas in July STV13MON 27
Whoopsi Daisy: Christmas In July
Fab 'n' Funky:  Christmas in July
ABC Christmas Challenge: N is for no embellishments
Craft Challenge: Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas: Challenge is Trees...use at least one.
Christmas Card Challenges:  Embossing

I have not been paid for endorsing any products in this post.
All opinions are my own and have not been solicited.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Very pretty. Love the colors you used. I am so enjoying the Christmas Card Challenge.
http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

rachel said...

gorgeous image and wonderful embossing too! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at whoopsi daisy and good luck x

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy x

Pat said...

Lovely Christmas card with a super cute image. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky, good luck.

Pat xx

Heather G said...

Beautiful card and coloring. Thank you for sharing it with us at Christmas Card Challenge. Hope you join us again so you can increase your stash of Christmas cards.
--Heather - CCC DT

Sylvia x said...

Super card - loving the image

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenges this week

Hugs

Sylvia x

Aunty Sue said...

lovely christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at Craft this weekthanks for sharing with us at Craft this week

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 133 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Margo said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love the swirled background!
Thanks for playing along with our embossing challenge at CCC!

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love that tree!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x