Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Card Close to My Heart

 
 
This card is composed of die cut ovals, a handmade flower, a lovely bow, stitching, a lovely sentiment, lovely lavender and a touch of green. I am entering into 4 challenges:

No Matter Which Way Challenge has their final challenge which is Anything Goes and using a sentiment as your stamp is permitted.

The Ribbon Girl Blog's  Challenge is to simply Add a Bow.

My card follows all the guidelines for Joan's Gardens challenge  to use a plain background, a double oval, a sentiment, any color combination of at least 2, and must use a product sold at Joan's.  It was hard to keep the background plain....wanted to emboss or something. 
www.atjoansgardens.com

The challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs Blog is to follow the theme of IN STITCHES and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die. I did a faux stitching around the edge of the card with a green Gelly Roll pen. (hope faux is acceptable). I like my corner embellishments.

For this card I used Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame Nesties classic oval dies. I also used Cheery Lynn Ambergris small doily die which I cut into 4 parts to use as my corner embellishments. My flower was made using Cheery Lynn Build a Flower #1 and #2.  I used a flower making kit from Joan's. The Flower was made from scraps. The Cheery Lynn products can all be purchased at Joan's also. 
The  card base is a White cardstock from stash and the Swedish Frame is cut from a shimmery iridescent white card stock which I hope shows in the photo. The lavender paper is from Joan's. I stamped a sentiment from Flourishes Heart Lines in Memento Sweet Plum ink on the lavender oval and finished with a Lavender Bow of sheer organza ribbon.


I hope you like this card. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Joann said...

Hi Theresa,
Wow! I Love how you cut the Ambergris Small Doily into 4 pieces and used it as a corner die. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Lori said...

Very pretty flower with the cutie in the middle ever so lightly. Thank you for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn's Challenge and best of luck.

beadz said...

This is so fresh and pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

JenniferD said...

Wow this is So Pretty! Love your Gorgeous Card! Thanks for joining us at NMWC!