Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Is Almost Here!

 Hello and welcome! I have been away from blogging and commenting for over a week because I have been with my Mother in Tennessee who has not been feeling well and I am headed back tomorrow for another stay.  I may not be able to visit my blogging friends for awhile.

I have taken time to make a quick card with this lovely new digi from Crafty Sentiments named Ice Cream Sunday Harriet that is a freebie here.  It is not in their store yet and I am not sure how long the free offer is, so hurry and check it out. Thanks to Crafty Sentiments for their freebie.

My card is made with the digi printed on white card stock and colored with assorted Copics and Pink Glaze Pen. I cut the image and pink mat  with Nesties Circle dies.  My card base is a Bright Yellow CS matted with a light Yellow mat and then a bright Pink mat and then layer of a digi pattern paper from GKD.  I assembled the card following a sketch from Sweet Sunday finishing with a Pink Satin Ribbon and a Repeat Impressions Sentiment stamped with Memento Rosebud ink.

Challenges to enter:
Crafty Sentiments Design: Fun in the Sun...what is better summer  fun than eating an Ice Cream cone??
Sweet Sunday: Sketch 186 shown below.
Kaboodle Doodles Challenges: Summer
Whoopsi Daisy: Summer/ Fun in the Sun
The House That Stamps Built: DCC619-Summer


Tomorrow is the first day of summer.
May your summer be full of fun in the sun!

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Olga said...

your card is adorable, hope your Mom feels better.........

rachel said...

wonderful card! Harriet is looking just peachy! Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments and good luck x

joy said...

Sure hope your mom feels much better soon, Theresa! This is an adorable image and I love all the layers you've used. Happy Summer to you, too!

Cheri said...

Wishing your mom gets better real fast, Theresa. I'm so happy you played along with the DCC at The House That Stamps Built. Happy Summer my friend.

Ime said...

great card!!! thanks for joining us at kaboodles doodles

Laura Love said...

Awww! LOVE how you colored little Harriet! She is so cute! This is an awesome sketch too! Thank you so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along again soon!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Your card is so adorable! Hope your Mom gets to feeling better...
I don't get to visit very often so took time to look at all I've missed...really inspiring (-:
Hugs GF
Linda

Tanya said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Bunny said...

This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty sentiments, and good luck.

Caz xx

Maria Rud said...

Yummy! Very lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

So cute, fabulous coloring on the image and love that ice cream cone paper! Thanks so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments and using the Freebie! Also thanks so much for playing at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs:)