Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Love the Color Combo for Joan's

Welcome!  I decided to create another card for the Challenge at  Joan's Gardens...we are allowed 2 cards this week.  I used more flowers on this one to make sure I met all the requirements.
Again the challenge is to:
  • Use a leaf design for the background (die cut, embossed or stamped) --- I used an embossing folder this time and added green ink to the raised area with a pod.
  • Add purple flowers ...these flowers are cut with Daisy Patch Dies from Heartfelt Creations from Joan's Gardens.  I used paper for the petals that I purchased from Joan's.
  • Use White, Green and Purple Colors
  • Use A Sentiment...Mine is from Flourishes Zinnias Stamp Set.
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens...Used Heartfelt Creation Daisy Patch dies, Light Purple Paper, and Cheery Lynn Butterfly die. Check out: www.atjoansgardens.com

  • Other Supplies: Bazzill Textured CS for card base, Memento Inks Bamboo Leaves and Sweet Plum, Brads and Ribbon from Stash, Cuttlebug EF Leafy Branch, Corner Punch.

    Other Challenges to enter:
     Shopping Our Stash: SOS104 No Patterned Paper
     Tuesday Throwdown: Challenge 150 Embossing
     Flutter By Wednesday: Open challenge...anything with a butterfly or fairy.
     ABC Challenge: O is for Open.   Thanks for this easy challenge.
     CRAFTS AND ME:  Challenge is Something OLD.  I thought of posting a picture of me!  But decided to use old items from stash....Used Cuttlebug EF ( one of the first EF's I bought) , everything that I used is over 6 months old or older.

    Have a great day.
    I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

    9 comments:

    Patti J said...

    So pretty, and those colors are so soft! This is one of those cards that I want to reach out and touch! Beautifully done, Theresa!

    Joan Fricker said...

    Theresa, wow this is gorgeous. I love the simplicity of it. The leafy swirls are beautiful the way you used them for a background.

    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    Harriet Skelly said...

    I also love this color combination! Your card is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

    Danni said...

    Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    Payne Holler Cards said...

    Finally able to do some visiting (-: love both of your flower cards but this one really caught my eye...beautiful!
    Hugs
    Linda

    lauren bergold said...

    what an incredibly lovely stamped masterpiece and all the more so seeing as one does not even NOTICE the absence of patterned paper! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

    Nonni said...

    Beautiful, classy card, I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    Natalie Laurijssen said...

    Your card looks so pretty! I love the leaf beackground and all of the flowers. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.
    X - Natalie - X

    Jessi Fogan said...

    Oh, Theresa, you made me giggle with the 'something old' picture ;) Absolutely gorgeous colours - no wonder you're loving it! Thank you SO MUCH for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)