Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Iris Are Blooming


The Iris have begun to bloom. I have several species but do not know the name of any but refer to them by their colors.  All have come from other gardens mostly from my Mother's.  Some were growing here when we purchased the home 35 years ago.  I love them for their beautiful flowers and colors.

     
First Blooms of 2013

 
       
 






I am enjoying the beautiful warm days we are having in Ohio but cooler temperatures are expected for the weekend.  Looks like 50-60's are coming.
I  enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love irises too! Your garden is sooooo beautiful (-: I know it must bring great joy ....

Olga said...

Beautiful, love them all, you have more colors thatn I do...........

Benzi said...

Beautiful irises with gorgeous colors. That looks like a peony about to burst with blooms in the first photo (behind the iris).
My spirea are starting to bloom. I have four large bushes. They are late blooming this year because of the cool weather we've had. If you do Pinterest, you can see my garden on there.