Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fun Making Vellum Flower


Welcome to all who stop by. Today I am sharing  a card that I made for Joan's Garden Challenge. We are to make a flower using vellum, the colors Red, Black and White,a  die cut border,  a sentiment and also a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  The part that I like best on my card is the flower of vellum that I made with Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Diecuts and Cheery Lynn Build a Flower #1 that both came from Joan's Gardens.  I used the border in a non-traditional way on the diagonal (not on the edge) and actually used 2 borders. 
I used a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches to create this card.
Supplies:
Stamp: Creative Visions Hip Hip Hooray

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
Papers: Black and White CS from Stash. Red Vellum found in my stash...forgot I had.
Spellbinders Label 4 Dies
Martha Stewart Borders-Double Loop and Scallop Dot
Red Brad from stash
Embossing Folder: Darice Floral Frenzy...inked raised areas to highlight

Challenges:
Joan's Garden Challenge: Details mentioned above. See www.atjoansgardens.com
Tuesday Morning Sketch: #198 see below
Craft Challenge: Birthday
Charisma Cardz: Black and White and One Color

I am hoping the warmer weather is back to stay.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Olga said...

beautiful, I love the flower!

rachel taylor said...

I love your card thanks for sharing with CRAFT on their birthday blog hop and thank you for stopping at my blo happy crafting to you
Rachel GDT for may

Sylvia x said...

Thank you so much for joining in our challenge and I do hope that you decided to join the blog hop...have you sent your answer in???

Good luck

Sylvia x

Sarah said...

Fabulous card, love your sweet sentiment and layout, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! Awesome flowers!! I love both the embossed/inked BG and the vellum flower!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it, Theresa! That smidge of black really makes the whole design pop :) So glad you could come play with my sketch :)

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card and I tool love your vellum flower. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So very pretty, Theresa. That is so funny, but I just made up a sketch like that, recently! I like that you layered 2 borders.

Tabitha Davis said...

Great project. I love all the colors and everything.
From the Charisma Cardz DT:)
Tabitha
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers:)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Theresa, clever using vellum for your flower! Thank you for using our sketch this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Love the flowery embossed background and the vellum flower is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dawn said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.