Monday, May 20, 2013

Enjoy Your Day

Welcome to my studio. I have been very busy gardening and working outside.  Maybe I will share some pictures later.  Today I am posting a card for Joan's Gardens weekly challenge.  We are to use Yellow and White as the color theme, use at least 2 butterflies, use some Polka Dots, include some type of swirl(s),  and use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.   I began by cutting a flourish from White CS with a Cheery Lynn Die, embossed this with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, and layered this on a Yellow CS card base. I added 3 flowers made with Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch die (smallest die) and polka dots fabric brads.  I found these cute  brads in my stash when looking for something else and they were just the right thing for my card. The 2 butterflies were made with Cheery Lynn's dies using the angel wing die for the larger one.The larger butterfly was folded and attached with foam tape. The sentiment from Creative Vision was stamped with Memento Peanut Brittle ink. I think I have covered all the requirements. Flower making tools, Cheery Lynn and Heartfelt Creations products are available at Joan's Gardens http://www.atjoansgardens.com/.

Other Challenges to enter:
Simon Says: Flower Power
Crafty Catz: 3-2-1 Challenge. I used 3 flowers, 2 butterflies, and 1 sentiment.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful Theresa! Yellow are appealing to me this year!

Olga said...

gorgeous, I love those flowers!!!!

Pssequimages said...

NOW just how CLEVER is that! I love your flowers---they're just wonderful! GREAT CARD! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love all the texture and the fun polka dot brads on the flowers!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is gorgeous! So bright and cheery! :) Thank you for playing in our "Flower Power" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Jac said...

Gorgeous card, so bright cheery and elegant, love it, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Patti P. said...

This is adorable. I love the colors and the polka dot brads, just perfect!

Benzi said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa. I love the polka dot centers of your flowers.

Helene Siermans said...

I love this! It´s so elegant and beutiful. Love your way to use the negative shape.

Great job with our 3-2-1 challenge at Crafty Catz too. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
Nick

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, what an adorable card you created for last week's challege. I love your flowers...they are totally fun.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Lynne said...

Very pretty, just right for spring and summer. Love the yellow on white and the oversized flourish.