Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Summer Fun Ahead

 I am ready for summer and thinking of all the things that I love about the season and thought I'd join in the fun at Flourishes Summer Lovin' challenge.  To join in all you need to do is be inspired by this beautiful color palette on the left or create with summer in mind which is what I did.  I decided to make a card of something  fun to do on a hot summer day...take a drive in the country and visit a winery.  And maybe even have a drink like the one in the inspiration photo.  Whoever wins this challenge receives the Flourishes’ entire April release!

My card below is made with Flourishes Dreaming of Florence. After stamping the scene on White Card Stock with Momento Espresso Truffle ink, I colored entirely with a multitude of Copics.  I framed the image with a mat of Tan Card stock from stash that I cut an opening in with Nesties Label One Die.  I stamped a sentiment and some images on the mat with the same ink and adhered to a Tan Leather card base.

Edited: I do not know if this is legit but I am going to entered this card in the April Craft a Scene challenge-Down On the Farm.   I do not think this is back linking as I originally posted this on my blog 4-10-13 but did not linked to their challenge then.

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

dpkennedy said...

This is lovely! I love how you stamped images around the frame too! Great card! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa...this card reminds me of a summer trip to Tuscany...so inviting! I sooooo want some yummy italian wine & pizza now...LOL!!! Beautiful take on the challenge...thank you for joining in the fun!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Oh very nice. The stamped image along the side on the cardstock is awesome. Very inviting. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer lovin challenge.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Such a beautiful scene, Theresa! Love your muted colors on this! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

Heather Jensen said...

What a beauty! I love your summer scene. It makes me want to jump right into it. Thanks for playing with the Flourishes summer challenge. :)

NancyD said...

Yes, Theresa it qualifies and it is a lovely scene too! Thank you for coming back with another great card for our challenge at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Dora said...

beautiful scene and colouring!
a farm that makes wine from grapes.
beautiful.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Deanna said...

Beautiful stamping and love the colors in your scene~hugs Deanna

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful scene and colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a lovely looking farm scene, I would love to taste the wine. Thanks for joining in at craft a scene this month.

Sue T x