Monday, April 29, 2013

Masculine Birthday Seizes Approval

 Today I am playing in a new challenge to me - Seize The Birthday -which is a sketch challenge shown lower left.  This week we are to make masculine cards.  I used a sailing image from Flourishes Beach Life set. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white CS, colored with Copics and Memento Summer Sky for the sky. and cut with Nesties Oval Die. I attached strips of a stripe pattern paper from GKD Poolside pad to the card base of GKD Navy CS. Stamped the sentiment from Flourishes with Versamark and embossed with White EP. I added a strip of Twill Ribbon from stash and attached the image with foam tape to pop up a bit. Finished with white star brads.  Also did some embossing on the navy base with Cuttlebug Wicker Weave Border EF for some texture.
This card received my DH's stamp of approval for a masculine card.
Challenges:
Seize the Birthday: Masculine card with their sketch
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Theme is All at Sea
Simon Says: Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Anything Goes With Ribbon-used twill ribbon for a masculine touch

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love the papers and scene!

Olga said...

Perfect,. Love it all!!!

jimlynn said...

Theresa, this is so beautiful - and perfect for a masculine card. Love the color combo on here and the stars - along with that wonderful image.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
Lynn

Faye said...

This is a great masculine card. Love the image. Thanks for playing at Cupcake. X

Deanna Dean said...

Great masculine card. Makes me want to take a day trip to the coast. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous card! Perfect beachy colors and masculine feel! :)Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is awesome! That is one of my favorite go to sets!

Delphine said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout and colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx