Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lacy Dress for a Good Time

I have been trying to think what to make for Joan's Garden Challenge which is: make a Girly card  
 using pastel colors, lace, one bow, flowers, and at least one product from Joan's Gardens. I finally created this card today making a girly dress from a doily.  I learned how to make the dress at my stamping club when Brenda shared it with us. Instead of making it with a purchased doily I cut my own doily with Cheery Lynn Die called French Pastry...it cuts a 4" design which is perfect for this. (Cheery Lynn dies can be purchased at Joan's).  The skirt was made with Pink CS and the bodice was part of another pink doily lined with white CS and colored with Sukura Clear Star pen for some glitter.  I added a band of ribbon at the waist and added a bow.  To assemble the card, I used a card base of Pink CS layered with a mat of Yellow CS and then added a layer of Floral Pattern Paper from MME pad, then a strip of Dot Paper from same pad. Added a lace from stash that I colored with Pink Copic.  A strip of embossed silver Metallic (CB EF Victoria) and a Scallop Oval in the same Metallic were attached to the card.  I centered the doily dress on the oval and finished with a Prima Rose and sentiment embellishment from stash.  All solid cardstock was purchased at Joan's Garden.  I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Challenge for my layout.  This was the second card that I made with this sketch which I really liked.
 
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Benzi said...

Ooh, Theresa, I just saw this on my sidebar. It's gorgeous. The dress is beautiful in such a pretty color. I love the lace look.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the colors and the lacy dress! Very creative design!

Mrs. Swandog said...

This card is wonderful...I love the dress!

Lin said...

How pretty, Theresa! I'd have worn this dress in my younger days :)))

mackie lady said...

Love the dress...beautiful card!

Olga said...

great take on the sketch and gorgoeus card!!!!

Selma said...

This is such a beautiful girly card. I love the dimensional dress. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.