Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hope My Humpty Dumpty Does Not Fall

Lately, I have missed doing a lot of the challenges that I love to do. One of those is at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week,  they asked us  to make vintage or shabby chic cards or other paper-crafted projects that depict FAIRY TALES and NURSERY RHYMES.  The hardest part was finding an image that I wanted to use but I came across this Humpty Dumpty one at Free Vintage Digital Stamps, a great source of vintage images.  I printed the image in color and trimmed to 3" square and placed on a mat of Graphics 45 Patter paper cut with a scallop square Nesties die.  I attached this to base card of Coral CS. I aged all these layers by distressing with Distress ink.  I added a Flourish cut in Green Card stock with a Cheery Lynn Die, some stamps cut from the Pattern Paper and Organza bow to pick up colors from the image. I thought the image and pattern paper brought through a vintage feeling to my card. 

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes.   I would love to win A Day for Daisies GC.
All Sorts Challenge: Theme is Vintage...have missed doing this challenge too and think this fits.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Very cute card, Theresa! Love the colors and fun Humpty Dumpty image!

catherine said...

This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week for my challenge
x catherine

Payne Holler Cards said...

So cute and so Fun! Lovin your colors (-:
Tickled you were able to join us at Sugar Creek Hollow
Hugs
Linda

Wendy L said...

Lovely cute card, thanks for playing at Allsorts this week. xxx

lizzidroege said...

just adorable...so happy to see your work at sch this week...love this...lizzi

Helene E said...

You've done a lovely creation! Thank you so much for entering it in Allsorts vintage challenge this week. We hope to see you back soon!

Patti P. said...

Hey Theresa, so happy to see you back. I have been struggling lately to even get online, sorry to be so very absent with my visits...will try to do better.
I love your card, always one of my favorite nursery rhymes and love the way your papers match so wonderfully with him. Beautiful job...hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend.
patti SCH/DT

Meggymay said...

Love the design, super images, its an adorable Nursery rhyme card. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week
Yvonne