Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Guess Who This Baby Is?

Morning! I have a fun card to share today.  This week the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is BABY FACE and they want us to make vintage or shabby chic baby cards .  I searched the web for vintage baby pictures to use and found several great ones.  But when I told my DH what I was searching for, he said why not used the baby picture on our dresser?  Duh! Why did I not think of that picture.....it is surely vintage enough. (Sorry, DH).  The baby boy is my DH and he remembers having the picture made and the little dog that he is holding.  He was not a happy little guy about posing and was fussing and crying. The photographer gave him the dog to hold and that calmed him down enough to sit still and smile for this adorable photograph. This was a little moment in his life but a treasured memory.

Back to my card.....after scanning the picture and printing on card stock, I trimmed the picture with an oval die and aged the image a bit more with Distress Ink Antique Linen.  I assembled the card with a sand color card base and pattern papers background  that I distressed with ink and distress tool.  I placed the image on a scallop oval mat and added  punched bears, buttons, ribbons, duck embellishment and stickers. The baby theme papers, stickers, and embellishments were found in some  leftover stash from scrap booking days.  Everything used in this card was from my collection of supplies.

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Theme is Baby Face
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme: anything goes.   Stash: 2 or more buttons

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

Awwww so cute! Perfect vintage ...now who will be the lucky recipient (-:

Olga said...

your gorgeous creations always put a smile on my face.....

Betty Benton said...

What an adorable picture, Theresa! I know you're glad you made your card with a personal photo rather than one from the web!

Sharon ~ A Piece Of Heart said...

Adorable card and beautiful baby. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge blog. Good luck.

lizzidroege said...

Just tooo cute...love this image...so happy to see you at sch this week...lovely

Daniele said...

this is so special, perfect momento as well, thanks for joining us at SCH
hugs