Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Butterflies Are Free


One of my favorite images to use for cards are butterflies.  I purchased a new stamp set this weekend from Stacy Stamps Butterflies Are Free and had  to use for this card. I used the sketch from Flutter By Wednesday for my layout  but flipped the design to fit the stamp design.  I used Memento Potter's Clay ink and stamped on a yellow card stock and trimmed the image to fit on a card base of a lighter yellow. The single butterfly was stamped on a circle with the same ink and layered on a darker circle. Colored the wings with Memento markers.  Used a sentiment from Flourishes and added some Dewdrops to complete.
I am making this a quick post because the sun is shining and I am anxious to get outside.

Enjoy your day.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Olga said...

very pretty!!

Danni said...

Bright and happy!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

joy said...

Gorgeous! I, too, have been outside in this glorious sunny weather - sorry I didn't make it Monday due to dr's appt. Please let me know when the luncheon will be!!!