Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Bunch of Flowers

Happy Easter to all my friends and followers!
 

The challenge  at Joan's Garden is fun this week...we are to
  • Use some kind of container
  • Fill it with flowers
  • Use Yellow, Green and Orange
  • You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens on your card.
  • I started by making a basket with strips of textured brown card stock that I have saved forever from making some other baskets.  I started with a base card of textured olive green (stash) and layered with blue  card stock embossed with Cuttlebug Wicker Weave Embossing Folder and the a pattern paper from My Mind's Eye pad. Does that not look like a lace tablecloth over a gold liner??

    I then filled my basket with flowers and foliage. I first added a Fanciful Flourish cut with Cheery Lynn die but it got lost under the flowers. My flowers were made with  Cheery Lynn Build a Flower #1 (stamens and leaves) and Build a Flower #2 ( poppy petals and leaves), Stampin' Up 6 petal flower punch, and Martha Stewart leaf punch.  I used various shades of green paper for the leaves, yellow, orange, and  white papers for the flowers.  Green and orange brads were used in center of some of the flowers.  A tag stamped with sentiment from Flourishes "Zinnias" in Memento Cantaloupe ink was added to the bouquet and a "Friends" Metal Brad (Stash) was attached to the baskets with brads....love the texture that adds.  I used the Tool Kit from Joan's for assembling the flowers and some of the many useful tips from Selma for making flowers.  Items used from Joan's are highlighted in orange.

    Challenges:
    Joan's Garden: Details above- week's code is joansgardens, JG0328

    I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa


    7 comments:

    Lin said...

    I love your card, Theresa! Perfect for this lovely Easter morning!

    Pssequimages said...

    Oh your flowers are stupendous. I love them. Those Cheery Lynn dies really turned out pretty for you. I'm still really struggling with finding the perfect weight papers for flowers, so I need to "see Joan!"
    Great card.

    Ginny Bell said...

    Well, this is just cute as a button! Love the lace tablecloth effect and your idea of weaving paper to make a basket was just genius!

    Joan Fricker said...

    Wow Teresa, your basket of flowers are beautiful. Great job on them. Love your woven basket too.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challege.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    Mary Anne / MA54K said...

    Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Sorry this is late, but we were on the road all weekend! Amazing flowers, Theresa!

    Donna Przybylowski said...

    Theresa, gorgeous basket of flowers, they are all wonderful!!
    You did a fantastic job!
    Terrific design!!
    hugs
    Donna

    Gretchen Wilson said...

    Congratulations, gorgeous basket of pretty poisies.