Friday, February 8, 2013

Romantic Love from Another Era

Romantic love makes a come back.  In years of  yore, a guy knew just how to make romance.  That is what is dipicted from this graphic that I found at Moonlight Madness Studio Free Images.   I used this to make a card for Sugar Creek Hollow challenge to make Vintage or Shabby Chic cards that depict ROMANTIC LOVE.  I started with card base of turquoise that I distressed with ink and added a leftover mat of paper that I had stamped with music (unknown source). To this I layered  a small doily from stash and the image cut with an oval die. I arranged the image at an angle to give some interest and motion. Finished with pearls, ribbons, and some love...a sentiment from Flourishes.
I think I hear a George Gerswhin tune.
Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Romantic Love in Vintage or Shabby Chic
Stamptacular Sunday: Gents and Gems.  Used pearls as gems.  Stamping is the music on background and word love.
The Ribbon Girl Blog: Love You or Valentine
Party Time Tuesday: Love and Romance


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Patti P. said...

Aren't they lovely and I think I hear that tune as well....
Love the ribbons attached to her flowers. So happy you could share with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.

Patti SCH/DT

Betty Benton said...

Definitely a romantic couple! Love the background paper!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Now that's romance (-:
So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek
Hugs
Linda

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card Theresa, thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Card challenge, Mary x

jonim52 said...

Very romantic card. Thanks for joining us at PTT.