Thursday, January 24, 2013

Snowy Cottage

Welcome. We have snow and cold here in Ohio. Guess this weather set the mood to create a snowy cottage scene. I have had the monthly challenge at Craft a Scene in mind which is to do just that -create a snowy cabin scene - and the month will soon be over.  I am not sure I like the results but it is certainly snowy card and includes a cottage/cabin.  I may have over done the snow a bit using stickles. I have used this stamp before and it's fun to do with a different look each time. I stamped the cabin with mountains and lake and added some more trees, the fence, and birds which added more depth to the scene. I colored with a lot of Copics, sponged the sky to give a snowy and gray look, and then let the snow fall everywhere. Even the lake looks cold! Finished with a bit of green twine. The card base was embossed with snowflakes and sponged with Brilliance Moonlight White. I did not use a sentiment as I will stamp that when I use the card.

Challenges:
Craft a Scene: The theme this month is to create a snowy cottage scene.
Speedy Fox and Friends: Use Twine

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's "On the Fly" and "Scenic Selections"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Summer Sky, Gray Flannel, Brilliance Moonlight White
Copics: Too many to list ( a lot of the colors were covered when it snowed)
Marker: Ranger DI Picket Fence
Papers: White CS from Stash and GKD Honey Mustard
EF: Cuttlebug Snowflakes
Punch: EK Corner Punch
Twine from Stash
Stickles

I hope it is warmer where you are. I had meant to put puffs of smoke coming from the chimney so it would show a warm and cozy cottage but I forgot. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome bit of scenery! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous winter scene, Theresa! Stay warm!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very pretty, Theresa!

Payne Holler Cards said...

You created a beautiful scene (-:

MaggieC said...

You have certainly achieved a very cold snowy scene - I don't fancy falling into that lake, although it is probably covered with a deep layer of ice. The cottage looks cosy though. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

brenda said...

That certainly is a really snowy scene Teresa, you've captured great atmosphere there.

Thanks so much to joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

Dora said...

beautiful card. I find the scene very good done.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Deanna said...

Beautiful wintry scene

NancyD said...

I think the snow looks great. It actually makes the mountain jump off the paper. Thanks for joining us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD