Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quilted Happy Birthday

We had more snow yesterday. I plan to stay in today and make cards.  This card was started sometime ago and recently  finished but never posted. I used 1/4" strips of DP that I taped on a card stock and then cut into 1/4" strips and then made into a quilt. I was inspired to make this sometime ago from a card by my friend  Lin at Sending Hugs but do not have the post to link too. She makes so many beautiful cards.  I layered the "quilt" on to a border of striped DP strips using mitered corners to better replicate a finished quilt. I attached this to a card base of green.  Finished with a sentiment and triple organdy bow for my Mother's recent birthday.

Challenges:
Kaboddle Doodles Challenge: Use Ribbon
Papertake Weekly: Tie up your loose ends-add a bow.


Supplies:
Papers: Authentique Wonder Paper Pad, Green and Ivory CS from Stash
Stamps: GKD
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Ribbon from Dollar Tree

I could never be a quilter...I had a hard enough time laying out patterns in this small rectangle. Next time I will use wider strips than I used here. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Oh! Love the green ribbon against your red card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Ribbons” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card and bow!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Jill said...

gorgeous creation hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Fran said...

Great card, and use of ribbon, thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx