Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Let's Go Surfing



Welcome!  Today, I am posting a birthday card that I made for someone who will be celebrating her 18th birthday soon.  Since she loves surfing....she lives by the beach on Captiva Island, FL....I wanted to reflect her love of surfing and the beach.   I happened to come across a photo of her surfing and printed off the picture and edited it to look more like a watercolor with photoshop.  I started with a white card base, layered with a mat of blue embossed with ocean waves using a Sizzix Texture Pad, and layered with a 4x6 printed paper from DCWV Tahiti Beach Stack that has glossy glitter.  I cut the circle from another paper from the same stack and topped with the photo matted on a sea green card stock.  The circle and photo are attached with pop up dots. I finished with a Dolphin charm attached with a brad and the sentiment cut with Cricut from orange card stock.  The card measures 5.5" x 8.5". This is one of those cards that looks better in real life.

Click on the video below to hear  "Let's Go Surfing".
Thinking of the beach as we will be heading to Florida and warmer temperatures soon.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

No comments: