Monday, January 14, 2013

La Dolce Vita

 
Welcome to the Sweet Life.  My card depicts a sample of the Sweet Life...maybe time spent at an Italian villa enjoying wine with fresh figs and grapes.  This is the first time I have used my new stamp from Flourishes called  "Dreaming of Florence".  I stamped on white CS using Memento Rich Cocoa and colored the image with Copics and Pencils. I tried to capture the natural colors of grapes and figs and a rose wine in the glass and container.  I embossed the top and bottom edges with Cuttlebug  borders from EF called With Love.  Keeping with a rustic look, I used a simple layout of a gold card base with an olive green cs mat for the image. Finished with the simple sentiment "La Dolce Vita" and a touch of raffia.
All papers were from stash and scraps.
Challenge:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 202: This week’s challenge is to make something “New.”  I used this new stamp received in December.
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Happy New...used new stamp set.
 
I hope you are enjoying la dolce vita.....the sweet life.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

PS: I have spent part of the weekend cleaning and organizing my studio....and made a new light box from foam board.  It is a sweet life to have a neat place to craft.

1 comment:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love those images! I need to organize my craft space!