Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Have a Cup of Coffee


Welcome. Stop awhile and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Coffee is my choice of drinks.
I was playing with a MFP's Stamp "Oh, Beans" and created 2 very different but similar CAS cards. The first is one layer  stamped on kraft cs and colored with pencils and oms. It seems a little flat.
The second card was stamped on white cs, colored with Copics, and attached to a brown card base.

Challenges:
One Layer Wednesday: Cheers -create a card with some kind of drink on it
Less is More: Challenge is drinks.
Speedy TV Simple Salutations: Anything goes with a sentiment

Supplies for both cards:
Stamps: MFP's "Oh Beans", Flourishes sentiment on 2nd card
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Rhubarb Stalk
Copics: B04,R24, G05, Y17
Papers: Kraft, White, and Brown CS from stash

What is your fave drink...coffee or tea? Mine is coffee which my husband makes every morning...grinding the beans daily  and serving me a cup as soon as I get out of bed. Our coffee of choice is Millstone® Colombian Supremo .
I will make one of these cards a thank you to him for making each day begin with a steaming cup of java. How great is that?

I love coffee, I love tea
I love the Java Jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the java and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup
....


 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Laura said...

This is the amount of coffee I need to wake up today, HA! Love the poem too :)

Karen said...

great cards Theresa...I love coffee too and am drinking it right now. Thanks so much for playing along with the OLW this week. Happy New Year,
hugs,
Karen

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the cup cards. Hard to decide if I like the Kraft cardstock or white base for card better. I'm a tea drinker. My tea is Luzianne Decaf. I have to order it online which I did from amazon.com since the grocery stores including WalMart no longer sell the individual Luzainne tea bags in decafe variety. amazon.com prize was less than ordering WalMart online. Thanks for entering MFP Simple Salutations Anything Goes challenge. Happy New Year.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee:
MFP SS Hostess

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are just amazing! My drink of choice is coffee... go figure! I love an americano with a dash of salted caramel!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Two great cards Theresa but I guess my fave is the white one, it makes the 'coffee' pop a bit more. Love your choice of colour for the coffee cups, reminds me of a tea set my MIL owned many years ago ... happy memories

Afraid I'm a tea drinker, good Old British PG Tips which my family send over to us in Cyprus.

Have a great 2013.

Love Sheila x

Chrissie said...

I'm a coffee kinda gal too Theresa. I get mine when I'm still in bed however ...we have a fancy machine which grinds the beans and makes the coffee at a touch of a button, so unless the reservoir needs filling with water, the hopper needs filling with beans or the grouts need emptying, making coffee is a piece of cake!
Super cards.
Thanks so much and Happy New Year.
Chrissie
Less is More

Jen said...

fab sentiments

Thanks for joining us
Sorry for the late visit...
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Barb King said...

The bright colors caught my eye! Cute!