Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fun with Tissue Paper

 
My card today uses tissue paper that I made into washi tape using scor-pal tape. I added an one inch strip to the front of card. I used half inch strips inside my card but forgot to photograph. I used the floral tissue paper shown as the backdrop behind the card. Needing an embellishment, I cut out the butterfly design from the same paper which I backed with tape before cutting it out. This resulted in a handmade sticker which I attached to the card.

Challenges to enter:
The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge: SSS191 shown.
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge: #140-Use tissue Paper on project.

Supplies:
Stamp: MFP's Amaryllis Definition
Ink: Memento Toffee Crunch
Copics: R81,83,85, YG 03,63,92,93
Papers: White, Iridescent Green, Pink from stash
Tissue Paper saved from a purchase.
Cuttlebug EF's Victoria and Polka dots
Green Rhinestones from stash

My washi tape looks better in real life. The colors are lost in the photo. Have you tried to make washi tape?  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love the spring-y colors, too!

Pat Garvin said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Theresa. Love the lovely flower and butterfly together... and the cheerful colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Patti P. said...

Love your tape, you are so creative. Happy New Year!!
Love the calendar, tell hubby what a beautiful job he did photographing the birds for me.
hugs....

Angie said...

I haven't tried homemade washi yet but sounds like a terrific idea. It would be so much easier to match up exactly what we need! Beautiful card! Love the pink! Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends!