Sunday, January 27, 2013

Deer Visits a Snowy Cottage

 
I am back with another snowy cottage for the challenge at Craft a Scene  This time I have used 6 stamps from GKD "Life is Good" Set by Theresa Momber. I used the triple time stamping technique and a sketch from Speedy Fox Challenge.  The stamping was done with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copics with a bit of sponging with Brilliance Moonlight White and Memento Summer Sky. I extended the walk to the bottom edge of the card  Added a bit of stickles to highlight the snow. This time I remember to start a roaring fire in the fireplace of the cottage resulting in smoke from the chimney. I like the way this turned out using the triple time stamping. After adhering the dark brown card base and brown cardstock mats with the image layers, I stamped the deer again, cut it out, and glued it to the top to make it stand out more.  I finished with a sentiment in brown ink.
 
Challenges:
Craft a Scene: Theme is a scene with a snowy cottage. 2nd Entry
MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge #30: Use sketch shown below and with a twist of using layers.
All Sorts: Create masculine card.
 
Do you wonder what is the definition of a cottage?  I wanted to be sure this image fit the challenge so I check the definition. A cottage is a small simple, single-storied house, especially in the country, typically one near a lake or beach. I think this image is just right.

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Loving your little cottage in the snow!!

MaggieC said...

A really lovely snowy cottage. I like the way you have layered it up, continuing the image through all layers. Beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene. xx Maggie

catherine said...

Great work and thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at Allsorts
x catherine

Olga said...

you have done it again, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous scene ~ love the layers

NancyD said...

Love this technique Theresa! It takes a simple scene and adds special dimension. Lovely work. Nice to see you playing with us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Dora said...

gorgeous card, specially how you made the card lay-out. beautiful stamps to make this scene.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck x

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous layering and such a great technique! It gives a really nice effect. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!