Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thinking Warmer Thoughts

 We have had more snow here in Ohio but my thoughts have shifted to the beach and warmer temps in this card.  I am trying to use some unused stamps and decided to use this sandcastle stamp which inspired me to create a summer card. I used the Sketch Challenge from What If? Wednesday. To add interest to the strips on the design, I used 3 different EF's instead of 3 colors or DP's. I also added a strip of flock to represent sand and a starfish charm.

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: What If ? Wednesday Sketch #D2612
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge DCC1219 2 shades of blue

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions Sand Castle and Sentiment.
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Markers from Memento and Copics
Papers: Bazzill Textured Blue CS, GKD PP from Pool Side Pack.
Nesties Circle Die
Flock: Doodlebug Crushed Velvet in brown
Scor -Tape
Cuttlebug Assorted EF's
Starfish Charm-recycled from old sandals

Maybe this will warm me up.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

redwasher1 said...

What a lovely warm card!!Thanks for playing our challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

Mynnette said...

This is an absolutely perfect card for the dead of winter!!! It made me warm just looking at it! GORGEOUS!!! I hope that you can come and play along this week at Inkspirational and this month at Technique Tuesday! We've got prizes, giveaways, and a DT call going on! :)

Cheri said...

This is fantastic, Thereas. I'm so glad you brought it to us at The House That Stamps Built.