Friday, December 28, 2012

Snowflakes for CAS Card



 I did not know how hard it would be to photograph an all white card and using a blue background probably was not a good thing as it made the white look blue. This is not the best photo but it will have to do. I made this card to enter in a few challenges.  Used 3 types of white cs...glossy, iridescent, and a textured one for the base card but none of that shows. I embossed glossy CS with Cuttlebug EF Snowflakes. Cut 3 snowflakes with Cheery Lynn #3 snowflake die but trimmed edges to appear as different shapes. Popped these up with foam dots. Added white grosgrain ribbons strips for additional texture. I embossed one with Cuttlebug EF Border "With Love".  Added liquid pearls to embossed design for sparkle and texture.
Challenges to enter:
Paper Players: CAS- Feature snowflakes. See graphic. No coloring or stamping made this a CAS card for me.
Alphabet Challenge: W is for Winter White. Do not use any color.
Stamptacular Sunday: Emboss me.
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Add ribbon and/or lace.
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Penny said...

This is so beautiful! Love the white on white! Love all the snowflakes & how you changed the shapes! Love the embossing and the embellies, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jessica said...

What a beautiful card!! Gorgeous design and i just love all the white!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Stamptacular sunday challenge, hope you´ll join us again next week!

Hugs Jessica

anne said...

I love this card. Beautiful!!!

* Shaz * said...

Stunning card!

thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet challenges
Hugs Shaz x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Pam said...

What a great design! Clever use of the snowflake die. I did think it was three different dies! I didn't think your card looked blue. Your picture came out very nice. I love the embossing on the ribbon. Never knew it could be done. I will have to try it. Beautiful card.

Thank you so very much for playing with us in Emboss Me! Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So happy that you could join us this week.
:) Pam

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Theresa!! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous. The snowflake are so pretty and delicate

Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge
Sue