Saturday, December 1, 2012

Non-Traditional colors for Christmas

My friend Linda is hosting the Friday Free All Challenge at Stamp TV this week and I made this card for her challenge to create a Christmas project with no Reds or Greens using non-traditional holiday colors.  I guess I broke the rules because I do have a tiny bit of green.  I was just thinking that Pink and Browns were not traditional Christmas colors and lost sight of no greens. OOPS!
Supplies:
Stamps: GKD Festive Frame sentiment, A Year of Borders by Melanie
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Bamboo leaves Marker
Copics: E30,34,R81,83
Papers: GKD White CS, Pink CS from Stash, Annabelle Digi Paper Polka Dots
Spica Gold Pen, Clearstar Pen and Yellow Glaze pen
Redo  without green
I did a redo using gold Spica pen to color the pine so would not have green on card for STV Challenge.
Other challenges to enter original card:
Scrap Creations: Merry Christmas
Fab 'n'Funky : Use 3 of something....used 3 poinsettias
Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Challenge: Make it Girlie-used pink and polka dots with glitter to be girlie

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you used.

Hazel said...

Very pretty card - love the pink and the glitter - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 101 - hope to see you again soon. x

Vicky said...

A great card Theresa! Thanks for joining our celebrations at Fab'n'Funky, good luck in the draw!!

hugs Vicky xxx

Rach83 said...

Superb card and lovely colours. Very elegant indeed.

Thanks for linking up with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x