Monday, December 10, 2012

Cards and Card Box for Mother

Box Made for Cards
Box Opened with Cards Inside

Today, I am showing a Christmas project that I made as a gift for my Mother... a box of Christmas cards using a box that I recycled that contained a gift of nuts. The inside of the box folds out revealing the space I used  for the cards, stamps, and address labels. Since my Mother is a quilter, I designed the top like a quilt square piecing squares of paper that were embossed for texture. Used die cuts and brad in center. Added DP to sides.

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly: Anything goes with option to make a gift for Christmas
Scrap Creations: Anything but a Card
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Theme is Christmas
PaperPlay Challenges: Christmas is Coming.
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday:  Create  An Altered Christmas- All you need to do is create anything that isn’t a card for Christmas. Did a box of Cards.

Supplies for box:
Recycled Box
Papers: Green, Yellow, and White CS, Authentique DP, Red Foil Paper
Cuttlebug Assorted Embossing Folders
Cheery Lynn Build a Flower Die
Brads

Cards Inside: Made with a photo of a Quilted Wall Hanging that my Mother made. I printed cards on GKD white CS using Photoshop and embellished  the front with gemstones, tiny ribbon bows and dry embossing with Cuttlebug Wicker Weave EF's.  Took a while to tie 35 bows.




Close up of Card
Inside of Card

Thanks for coming by. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

fantastic, what a wonderful gift set!!!

Janine said...

Wonderful gift for your Mum.

Céline said...

fab
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

Katie Sims said...

This box of cards is adorable! I love the quilt block look and your wonderful color choices! So glad you could play along in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge!