Friday, November 30, 2012

Vintage with Ribbons

I made time today to quickly make a Vintage Christmas Card to enter at Sugar Creek Hollow and a couple of more challenges before time runs out. I kept this very clean and simple with little embellishments other than ribbon. I used vintage looking pattern paper and a colored digital image from Create with  TLC.  Why do I always feel I am cheating if I use an already colored image? But I did age the the image with a bit of distressing and also the background.  Added the satin ribbons as I think they add to the vintage look.
Challenge Links:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Vintage Christmas
Crafty Ribbons: Use 2 or more ribbons
Alphabet Challenge Blog: V is For Vintage

Supplies:
Image: From Create with TLC
Papers: Green CS from Stash, Authenitque Wonder Paper Pack and Tabloid Elements
Ribbons from Stash
Distress Inks Tea Dye and Barn Red
Distressing Tool

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Very festive card, Theresa! Love the vintage Santa!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely traditional card and great use of the ribbons. Thanks for playing at CR.

Patti J said...

Great idea with your ribbons, Theresa! Love your card, dear friend! Hope you are doing well :)

Sandi McLean said...

Very sweet card! Saw you at Sugar Creek Hollow.

paper fun said...

Fun card. I love Santa with the vintage phone.

Thanks for joining our vintage challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Laura said...

The sign of a good card is one that makes you smile - and this one definatly made me smile!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Be sure and pop by the Inspirational blog for a chance to win some fabulous prizes during our special advent event.
Laura

carol said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for sharing with us at CR x carol

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet challenges
Hugs Shaz x